According to the National Association of Realtors, 83% of home buyers used the internet to search for homes in 2017. Now that we’ve entered the digital age, great photos are more important now than ever.
Beautiful listing photos can make all the difference when trying to sell your home. Great photos will get a buyer through that door. On the contrary, bad photos might result in a missed opportunity (in a matter of seconds).
If you’ve hired a professional photographer, then consider it a step in the right direction. Before you pull out that “SOLD” sign, run through the checklist below to make sure your home is properly staged and ready for photos.
Curb appeal! You can help your photographer achieve optimal results for the exterior by following the basic steps below:
1. Ensure the lawn is mowed.
2. Remove weeds and dead plants (replace with new plants if possible).
3. Sweep the porches and steps.
4. Remove cars from the driveway or from the front of the house.
5. If a “for sale” or any other signage is up, take it down for photos.
6. Remove any toys, gardening equipment, or seasonal decoration.
7. If you’re taking photos at dusk or twilight, turn on all exterior lights and any room lights that face the front of the house.
8. Clean the pool.
Review and complete the steps below for eye catching interiors:
1. Hire a cleaning crew for a clean and polished house.
2. Clear off bathroom and kitchen countertops as much as possible (clutter does not photograph well).
3. Make all the beds.
4. Remove toiletries from showers and bathtubs.
5. Turn off all ceiling fans.
6. Slightly open blinds to let in natural light.
7. Turn on lamps and ceiling lights as needed to achieve a well-lit room.
8. Replace burnt out lights.
Once you’ve completed the steps above, your house will be in great shape for photos. Think it needs something else? Don’t be afraid to reach out to a home stager. They specialize in feng shui and will always use up to date furnishings and décor. And finally – good luck!